Serene Thai Massage in Ferntree Gully is open 7 days a week.
Come in and meet the massage team!
Among the stress and busyness of our everyday lives, it is too easy to forget to take time for ourselves. Thai Massage (also known as Thai Yoga Massage) is a unique form of body therapy developed as a therapeutic method of healing, to maintain health and wellbeing, as well as treat illnesses. During a session the practitioner guides the client through a series of passive stretches, using their hands, forearms, elbows, knees, and feet to compress and palpate muscles. Rocking and pressure point techniques are used throughout the treatment to restore energy and bring the client to a state of relaxation. It is a full body treatment, starting at the feet, and progressing to the head.
- Improves flexibility and muscle mobility
- Can improve blood pressure
- Helpful for pain relief
- Helpful for arthritis, back pain, and strengthening joints
- Improves body posture and body alignment, as well as improve balance (which prevents falls)
- Improves respiration and breathing issues
- Useful for detoxifying the body which enables the immune system to function better
- Reduces anxiety and stress, calms the senses
- Boosts energy levels
Some facts about Thai Massage
- Performed while the client is dressed in comfortable clothing, this form of massage can include some yoga poses – it is an ancient form of massage, passed down through generations and has been popular over centuries
- It is an art form from Thailand: essentially assisted yoga performed by the therapist, with the receiver remaining completely passive during the session.
- Nowadays, you can choose to lie on any standard massage table for this treatment … traditionally, a recipient had to lie down on a firm mat or mattress on the floor for Thai massage.
Before taking Thai Massage
- Before starting, you should consult with your therapist if you suffer from a particular condition and about your general health.
- It is best to check if it is okay for you to have Thai Massage if you had surgery or some disease
- Pregnant women should talk to their doctor.
Introduce a Thai Massage, or Relax Massage to your weekly routine – visit Serene Thai Massage at Ferntree Gully